How a Domain user able to access a workgroup shared folder
How a Domain user able to access a workgroup shared folder Domain = win2008 Domain users = winXP with SP3 WorkGroup Users = winXP with SP3Any comment will be appreciated ________________________________ Thanks Zahid Haseeb zahidhaseeb.wordpress.com
October 25th, 2010 3:46am

Click Start, click Run, and then type the name using UNC format, where <var>computername</var> is the name of the computer to which you are attempting to connect and <var>sharename</var> is the name of the shared folder on that computer: \\<var>computername</var>\<var>sharename</var> For example, if you want to connect to a share that is named Data on a computer that is named Fileserver, type \\Fileserver\Data. If you are to do so, type the user name and password that is required to gain access to the computer (local user on the workgroup workstation). After you type the appropriate credentials, a window opens that displays the contents of the share.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2010 4:01am

Hi Zahid, You can grant Workgroup share folder with Everyone read permission on WindowsXP SP3 so that every security principal on Windows 2008 domain can access it. Hope it helps. Scorprio TechNet Software Assurance Managed Newsgroup MCTS: Windows Vista | Exchange Server 2007 MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician | Server & Enterprise Admin
October 25th, 2010 4:02am

The way you are trying to say is not possible, i was getting an error permission is denied i resolved. There was a policy in which guest added i removed the guest from that policy from the WOrkGroup PCs local policy.Any comment will be appreciated ________________________________ Thanks Zahid Haseeb zahidhaseeb.wordpress.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2010 4:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics