How To Restrict a Folder Within a Security Group
Hi, Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support. Regards Kevin
December 6th, 2012 7:33am

Yes, you are right. 1. You can create a new securiyt group, and add it as a member of existing group "Major Donors", and then add these two users to the new group. 2. After then grant access permission to the new group on this particular folder. Regards, DianaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 6th, 2012 11:15am

I have a security group called "Major Donors". Only members of that group have access to certain files or folders. There is one particular folder within what Major Donors has access to, that only two people from that Major Donors security object should have read/write access to. Do I create another security object that is a member of Major Donors, but that has only the two users that are allowed access to that folder? Is that the correct procedure?
December 11th, 2012 10:52am

Hi, Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support. Regards Kevin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 12th, 2012 12:04am

Yes, you are right. 1. You can create a new securiyt group, and add it as a member of existing group "Major Donors", and then add these two users to the new group. 2. After then grant access permission to the new group on this particular folder. Regards, DianaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 12th, 2012 3:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics