How To Get Row numbers in matrix report

Hi All

i created an matrix dril down report

in which i have to get row numbers 

my requirement is something like

state          City                           RowNumber                  Apr                          May                   Jun                Jul        Aug

AP +            Vij                                   1                               300000                 5666

Guntur                              2                                70000                     8888

Hyd                                   3                                 0000                     555

MP+               RJA                               4                               7770                            0

KL+             Kollam                             5                              80000                            555

Trv                                   6                              50000                       666

SP+              Trj                                   7                               666                          666

JP+               mka                                 8                             6667                            66668

RP+              Rja                                   9                               899

like that above i have to get

i used                  RowNumber(Nothing)                And Also RowNumber("Group")

iam not getting like above   iam getting either randomly   or sum of all months

means for each month it is taking 1

so total iam getting 12,24,36,48..................like that

but i want the above requirement

so any one suggest how get that in matrix report..........

February 19th, 2015 2:17am

On what basis you want row number values to be sequenced?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 19th, 2015 4:07am

Hi Mr.SMK,

Per my understanding you want to get the row number based on the row group of "City", right?

I have tested on my local environment and you can using the expression below to do this:

1. Right click the city column and select the "Insert Column" and select the "Inside group-right"
  2. Add below expression to get the row number:
    =RunningValue(CountDistinct("DataSetName"),Count,"DataSetName")
  3. Preview result like below

If you still have any problem, please try to provide some sample data and more details information.

Regards,
Vicky Liu

February 24th, 2015 2:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics