How Do I Find the Partition GUID?
I'm new to server administration and I've been looking for a way to find the GUID of a partition on a hard drive. I've read a lot of articles on GPT and partitioning in general, and I reviewed all the articles suggested in the Related Topics section that opens up when a person goes to post a question in these forums, and thus far nothing I've read has given me the answer. I can find the GUID of the hard drive, but drives can contain multiple partitions, and I'd like to be able to find the GUID for any partition. I'd like to use a script to retrieve the partition GUIDs for a drive, but I'd also like to be able to get the GUIDs manually as a check against the script results. Can anyone tell me how to find the GUIDs for the partitions on a drive? Thanks for any help that you can offer. --Tom
September 4th, 2012 8:50pm

Hi , You can find GUID of disk using diskpart. Start>run>cmd>diskpart>list disk and check for GPT Start>run>cmd>diskpart>list disk>select disk> uniqueid disk and check for disk ID Note: Run diskpart command with elevated admin rights.. Regards, Ravikumar P
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2012 10:48pm

That's the GUID for the *disk*. I need the GUID for the *partition*. For example, if a server has one physical drive that contains three partitions--an ESP, a primary partition for the OS, and a data partition--how would I get the GUID for the data partition? --Tom
September 5th, 2012 2:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics