Hotfix - Bad Password
I am trying to install "http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975759" but the password that was e-mailed to me is not working. Any ideas? I can't finish the DPM install until I apply this hotfix.
July 6th, 2010 10:24pm

Hello, the password you get for a hotfix is time based, so i assume you are too late for using it. Please request the hotfix again, so you'll get a new password also.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 7th, 2010 12:05am

Hi, The password will expire in 7 days so you will need to get it intime. If needed, you can provide the operation system which require the hotfix and I can help finding it.Shaon Shan| TechNet Subscriber Support in forum| If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
July 7th, 2010 11:25am

I downloaded it and tried opening it within 15 minutes of getting the e-mail. So I don't think it is an issue with expiration. I need it for server 2008. If I also need this fix for the DPM clients I will need it for Server 2003 too.
July 7th, 2010 2:23pm

Hello, i have no problem to download the file and extract it with the delivered password to a folder on my machine. After extraction i can see the hotfixes as needed.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
July 7th, 2010 2:48pm

Evidently they have updated the download because I just tried it again for the umpteenth time and it finally worked. Thanks,
July 7th, 2010 4:45pm

Evidently they have updated the download because I just tried it again for the umpteenth time and it finally worked. Thanks, Hello, maybe, or it was a local problem. :-)Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
July 8th, 2010 12:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics