Host record wrong in DNS IPv6
Hi, I am having an issue in Server 2008 with a Host record in IPv6. The problem all began when I changed the server name. It now shows both old and new records for the server name. I have only two DNS servers one 2003 and one 2008. I have manualy deletedthe records from both.When I forced replication the entries don't show up and shouldn't. But after several hours it somehow puts back the record back. Any idea where it is getting this old server name from? No issues with IPv4....
April 16th, 2009 12:37am

hi there, have you enabled dns scavenging on your dns server ? can you please tell us how many NIC adapters does your server has please see the below article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246804 sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 20th, 2009 9:34am

Hi, I have followed the link and disabled DNS updates on the NIC interface. This has fixed the problem but at the cost of having to add static entries andeffecting both IPv4 and IPv6. Also when scavenging is enabled it just goes in a circle, removes and then adds it back (when DNS update is enabled). I have two NIC adapters.... Is there anyway to have DNS update enabled and a true fix for why the name is registering wrong?
April 24th, 2009 1:00am

hi there, can you disable one of the NIC and test, this behavior is caused due to the 2nd NIC.sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 25th, 2009 7:38am

hi there, can you disable one of the NIC and test, this behavior is caused due to the 2nd NIC which is trying to re-register again to dns server.there is no other way that host records gets register into dns , the only possibility is manually adding or thorugh NICsainath Windows Driver Development
April 25th, 2009 7:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics