Host has an agent that is not in a responding state
I am seeing this issue with a cluster managed by SCVMM 2012 R2. I tried to remove the cluster and re-add it as suggested in other posts with no luck. The VMM service is using a domain acct with admin on both hosts in the cluster. I can create and move machines with the cluster manager and I can even storage migrate within the same host with VMM. I cannot get VMM to create new machines from scratch or from templates or live migrate machines between hosts. Also I ran Winrm id -r on both remote hosts and and id on the local host and all were successful and matched. Any ideas?
January 10th, 2014 8:50pm

• Is the Windows Firewall enabled? Try disabling it (disable the Public, Domain, and Private Networks. Do not disable the actual service) temporarily to test
  • Make sure that you do not have WMI set to require encryption.
  • Try blocking any Group Policy coming down to the Host and VMM Server (temporarily) to make sure that some group policy setting is the issue.

Also, can you post the exact error message when you do a refresh on the host cluster in vmm from the Jobs view?

There are a lot of causes for this, so I hope some of the steps listed will help!

-Bill

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 12th, 2014 5:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics