Host Public DNS Server documentation requried
Hi All, We have DMZ in which we would like host our own DNS server for our company. We have will two Windows 2008 R2 Servers for this purpose. We also have bunch public IP from our ISP. I need help in following 1. Documentation for installing and configuring public DNS on Windows 2008 Server 2. How to make this DNS registered so that it will help resolve my records, Do I have to register with ISP 3. We want to make both the servers as authoritative and responsive to request Thanks uday
May 26th, 2011 9:04am

thanks a lot JM. Good information. I have one query, I want my domain registrar to hold these records too, but as a secondary server. they will not have authority to edit any thing but just a replica.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 26th, 2011 9:40am

Lets say you have obtained domain.com.... On the DNS servers hosting .com, there will be a zone called "domain.com"... In that zone, you would then have an NS record for delegation to your Public IP and another NS record for delegation to the other hosted DNS server that will be holding your DNS zone. You'll have to check with them to see if they offer that service. It technically easy to do so I assume most registrars would have this type of service. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
May 26th, 2011 10:35am

Thanks JM What is recommend, the method to have two NS record for two Servers or one NS record but two DNS servers acting as NLB?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 26th, 2011 10:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics