Home Folder Not Created for Domain Users

Currently I have problem with my GPO, I have a Windows Server 2012 as DC and a Workstation that using Windows 8, I'veconfigure the Home Folder Path in Default Domain Policy (\\DCSERVER\Home), this folder has security and shared permission to Domain Admins and Domain Users for Read/Write. When I tried to logon as user which belongs to Domain Admins, the home folder was created but when I tried with Domain Users, the home folder wasn't created. How to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

June 28th, 2013 10:50pm

Hello,

do NOT work that high for GPO settings. The default domain and default domain controllers policy you should also left untouched, so incase of problems you have a starting point to go back to. Password/account lockout you may set in the default domain policy or create another GPO on domain level for them to use BUT that's it.

So in your case I would change to an OU structure that is a working option for your setup and them have users/computers in the correct OU so they can apply the settings based on the  user/computer configuration part of the GPO.

Also a DC should not be used a fileserver, if no other option exist assure to use another disk then the system drive.

So what is the result when running "gpresult /h GPO-report.html" logged in as domain user? Are all settings applied or not? Which errors may be shown? Also "rsop.msc" run as a user may give you an overview and some errors on the computer/user configuration settings.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 29th, 2013 5:45pm

Hello

Check your NTFS permissions.  Domain users would need at least modify to be able to create the folder structure.  Question:  Why aren't you just using the home directory tab in AD where all of this gets created for you?

June 29th, 2013 6:21pm

Hi Sorry for my late reply, actually I'm using a different drive for Data and also I has checked from Domain Users, they can create the folder manually on the server by accessing "\\SERVER\Share$", but it won't created automatically (Actually it works with Domain Admins). I can use the home directory tab but I prefer do it automatically to avoid mistakes. I've checked via gpresult and there is no error detected.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2015 8:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics