HomeServer
Dell PowerEdge 2950 Perc 5\i intergrated 4 bays each with 1TB running raid 5, Homeserver is leaving me with only 2TB of drive space but is holding 766GB that is unallocated, I have gone into the disk managment and tryed to allocate but it does not give me the opportunity to create a primary. the Perc 5\I driver from Dell website does not work during install when adding additional drivers it detects the drive but then fails saying no drives found if i use the perc 5\e driver the install is flawless. i have installed server 2003 as with 2008 and the machine is fine with the raid 5 giving me 2.7 TB plus. any help in layman terms would be great. the 4 drives are sata Hitachi 1TB eachthank you in advanceFrosty
September 2nd, 2009 6:46am

Hello, According to the description, this seems to an Windows Home Server. As we mainly focus on the General question about Windows Server system, for better and accurate answer to the question, it is recommend you to get further support in Windows Home Server forum. For your convenience, I have list the related link as followed. Windows Home Server forum: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/WindowsHomeServer/ Hope the issue will be resolved soonThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2009 12:01pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics