High contrast scheme is enabled by default on login screen
Hello, There is a problem with terminal server running server2008R2, when user connects to it using RDP client, the login screen is all black, because the "high contrast scheme" is enabled. You can disable it, clicking the icon (special possibilities) at the left bottom part of the screen, but still for every new connection, high contrast is enabled again. This problem is bound to login screen only, (where user enters the name/password) after the profile is loaded, the color scheme is ok again. I was googling for solution, there are some similar questions, but its not about high contrast. I tried searching for "high contrast" at registry, but have not found a way to disable it at startup... Looking for a way to disable it.
November 13th, 2012 1:44pm

This could be caused by the cached bitmap. Try un-check the "Persistent Bitmap Cache" option under Experience tab. Ask in RDS forum for this query.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 15th, 2012 2:32am

Thanks for your reply, but its not about bitmap caching, I have tried disabling this option at connection tab, and I have also tried to connect from different systems (one could be cached, but not all of them) , its not he reason of my problem, however, i have found the following issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906510 t seems to me, the key problem is here. Its not a color issue, i have imported a color scheme from a "healthy" server, and nothing changes, but as I see, the login screen color setup is bound to "default" user and probably, the high contrast scheme is turned on for "default" user, thats why I see it enabled at login screen.
November 17th, 2012 6:50am

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-ZA/winserverTS/thread/2e485eb7-1532-4d03-ba3b-702e42c31920 here is the solution. [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Accessibility\HighContrast] "Flags"="126" "High Contrast Scheme"="" There were some other strings at this registry directory, I have removed everything except the line mentioned above, and its finally ok.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 25th, 2012 6:02pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics