High Volume Storage Solution for Film Media Backup

From Neil Bolton, @NBZBolton via Twitter:

@AzureSupport I am looking to speak to an Azure expert about high volume storage solutions for film media backup i.e. SoftNAS; can you help?

Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/NBZBolton/status/635837416591478784

Thanks!

@AzureSupport

August 24th, 2015 11:40am

Thanks Jessica,

I'll add some context to this request: I work for a MS gold partner and we have a considerable number of media customers whom are more and more looking at the cloud for storage options. 

This is made more appealing as we are able to connect them up to the internet at 1Gb speeds (we are also an ISP). 

An example customer is now creating raw data at 800MB per second, thanks to the advent of 4K and 8K cameras. 

All of this data and the resultant rushes are valuable but you can imagine the challenge of managing the backup of all this data. We would like to look at Azure solutions that take advantage of the 1Gbps connectivity that our customers have access to, and see if there is a cost effective solution that offers all the things that production companies need.

I am exploring the market and starting to see solutions (that we understand are premium) such as StorSimple and SoftNAS. I understand their position in the market, but am unsure that these may be appropriate.

Steer from fellow Azure experts would be welcomed.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 11:48am

Hi Neil,

We are working on this.

Girish Prajwal

August 26th, 2015 8:18am

Hey Neil,

They can use the StorSimple appliance which works as an auto-tiering solution.

1st - SSD.

2nd - SAS.

3rd - Azure Storage.

it's a great solution for big static files such as Backup to disk scenarios and files server.

Let me know if you need my assistance,

Ido

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 9:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics