Hiding reporting wunderbar in custom user role/for custom user

Using SCSM 2012 R2 CU4 I have a problem hiding Reporting wunderbar for custom user role. I thought that by simply removing user/group account from Data Warehouse | Security | User Role | Report Users user role will hide the wunderbar. That it does, however when I login to SM Console, I get a warning: "Reporting Data Warehouse Management Server is currently unavailable. You will be unable to view reports or administer the Data Warehouse until this server is available. Please contact your system administrator. After the server becomes available please close your console and re-open to connect."

How to get rid of the warning (and the Reporting wunderbar)?

Best regards.

Blaz

February 10th, 2015 11:26am

The warning indicates that the consoles are unable to talk with the data warehouse management server. You should fix that so the communication between console and the servers works and the error will disappear. 

About the reporting button i don't think that's possible to hide the entire button out of the box. You can limit the functions and access to the reports but the toolbar will still be visible. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 10th, 2015 5:25pm

If user is given Report Users user role, the Report wunderbar is displayed and there is no warning. This indicates that this is not connectivity issue. If user does not have the role, the warning message is displayed. When user clicks OK, warning dialog is closed and there is no Report wunderbar (this is what we want). Some users should not have access to reports.

I know that one possibility (not the nicest one) is to deny access on SQL Reporting Server.

Best regards,

Blaz

February 10th, 2015 7:35pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics