Hidden Row Groups with ToggleItem are invisible when expanded

Hello,

Using: VS 2013 and WinForm version of ReportViewer 2012, report is LocalReport.

I have designed a report using a single Tablix with one group and a ToggleItem which looks and functions exactly the way I want it to, with one exception - if I change it to initially be collapsed (by setting the appropriate Row Groups' Hidden property to True), all of those row groups are invisible when I expand using the ToggleItem.

Here is the report before changing to being initially collapsed:

Here is the report when started in Collapsed mode and after expanding one row:

I have also tried driving the initial collapsed behavior through a parameter, but the results are exactly the same - expanding using the ToggleItem makes space for the data that should be shown, but ALL rows are invisible.

I have spent two days trying to resolve this, or to even find someone else reporting the same behavior, but I have not been able to resolve it. I hope you can offer some input or provide a workaround, since nothing I've tried has worked.

Thanks,

Matt

• Edited by MattCom Friday, June 19, 2015 9:12 PM Forgot to mention it was LocalReport
June 19th, 2015 8:57pm

Hi Matt,

According to your description, you create a drill down action in your report and change the corresponding row group Hidden property to True, but when you click the drill down action, drill down rows wont display, right?

As we tested in our environment, you should specify details to be hidden initially and specify it can be toggled by parent group. Please refer to screenshots below:

Reference:
SQL Server Reporting Services 2012 Drilldown Features

If you have any question, please feel free to ask. 

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2015 2:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics