Hidden Power Pivot KPIs - not hidden in SSAS

Given a model in Power Pivot with a number of KPIs that are hidden with the 'hide from client tools' option. After restoring the model in SSAS and connecting to the model from Excel, the KPIs are visible under a separate category/table "KPIs". Other hidden items in the model like columns and measures remain invisible.

Is this normal behavior and what can I do about this?

Michiel

August 20th, 2015 3:32pm

Hi Michiel,

According to your description, you have KPIs with "hide from client tools" select in Power Pivot. When rendering in excel after restored in SSAS, the KPIs are still visible. Right?

In Analysis Services, we can only hide calculated members. For KPIs, there's no feature the set the visibility. When using Pivot Tables to render the SSAS cube data, it will always have all the KPIs appeared under a folder with traffic lights icon. As I know, there's no reporting tool will hide the KPIs for SSAS cube. For your requirement, it's not supported in either SSAS or Excel.

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 23rd, 2015 11:14pm

Thanks Simon. Would it be possible to work with perspectives as a work-around? I imagine I could create a default perspective without the 'hidden' KPIs.
August 25th, 2015 3:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics