Help with forest or network deployment
Hi,I have a Windows 2003 domain in my current company in one city, the main company HQ, and wish to extend my domain to another city's office's where they have a windows 2000 server. How can I achieve this domain extension. I have read a bit about forest's and locations for my domain, but I still don't understand how to do this. I can only use these two resources because we are out of budget and I need to control the machines and their resources through this Windows Server 2000 in this other city.What should I do? How should I install and configure this Windows Server 2000 to work under my Windows Server 2003 domain in another city, I need to do this because we will have to share a sharepoint server also so that they can surf through the Intranet and access these sites, and other application sites we develop.Please any reference or help is greatly appreciated.
October 9th, 2008 8:20pm

You cannot add either of these servers to the other domain, each domain is in it's own seperate forest compelte with unique security objects and dedicated dirtoecy service. The only option is to create a forest trust between the servers so that security principles in either directory can authenticate and access resources in either. The trusts are enabled for each direction so you can control if you want equal access or need to limit users in just one directory accessing the other.Take a look at this article:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755700.aspxJeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 10th, 2008 3:14pm

How do I configure both of my servers, Windows Server 2003 and 2000 to have a trust relationship. I want for my forest root to be my Windows Server 2003. I could really use a tutorial on this, I've already read how trusts work but I still can't determine how to configure a 2 way trust for my two servers.
October 16th, 2008 5:52pm

I can't create a trust between my 2 servers, my main domain server a windows 2003 standard and my other domain server a windows 2000. I to see both networks from both sides, not just for file sharing, but to see from my win2000 domain network the sharepoint services sites on win2003. Please help!!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 20th, 2008 11:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics