Help with ex-network laptop
I have an ex-network Toshiba Satellite Pro A200 laptop that has never been reformatted and is now trying to log on to a domain. It had a virus which has been cleaned but the machine has been tied down and I don't know the admin password. I can't install a new anti-virus program because I need administrator rights. When I tried to re-install Windows XP Pro, it blue screened with a pci.sys error. I tried to do a repair by pressing 0 when booting up but that is just ignored. How can I reformat this laptop? I'm at a total dead-end.
November 27th, 2011 9:23pm

Hi, As far as I know, some new laptop doesn’t support Windows XP, so you may encounter some issues during the installation of Windows XP. By the way, during the installation of Windows XP, you can delete the partition and create it again. Please backup your important data before you perform this operation. If you install Windows Vista or Windows 7 on the laptop, you can format the partitions during the installation wizard. In addition, if the issue continues, it is recommended that you contact the laptop vendor or Toshiba to get the further support. Thanks for your understanding. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 29th, 2011 1:39am

Hi, As far as I know, some new laptop doesn’t support Windows XP, so you may encounter some issues during the installation of Windows XP. By the way, during the installation of Windows XP, you can delete the partition and create it again. Please backup your important data before you perform this operation. If you install Windows Vista or Windows 7 on the laptop, you can format the partitions during the installation wizard. In addition, if the issue continues, it is recommended that you contact the laptop vendor or Toshiba to get the further support. Thanks for your understanding. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
November 29th, 2011 9:38am

This forum is used for Windows Servers discussion. Please discuss client OS related queries here. Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 30th, 2011 4:45pm

When I tried to re-install Windows XP Pro, it blue screened with a pci.sys error. This is the real issue. You should be able to re-install Windows XP with the original media without error. You need to be more clear on what error it is, and take this question to the XP forum. You may have defective media, or the laptop may be faulty.([string](0..9|%{[char][int](32+("39826578846355658268").substring(($_*2),2))})).replace(' ','')
November 30th, 2011 5:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics