Help with Script to change IP Address

Hello,

So I am trying to generate three scripts for three different locations. These scripts need to just change the IP address for an application config file when clicked. How would I do this?

Thanks,

February 19th, 2015 10:21pm

You could use notepad.  You could use a batch file.  You could use VBScript.  You could use PowerShell.

With the sparse info there really is no way to know what you are asking.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 19th, 2015 10:49pm

We as a company have 3 locations off our network. This OASIS application we use has IP Address in its config file for Meter Service and Poller. The application brings up information on that IP address. The only way right now for us to hit a different location using that OASIS application , it by opening its config file and changing the two addresses in there. Then when we launch the application it takes us to that locations information within the OASIS application. I need to write a notepad script that a user can click on that will automatically change the IP Address in that config file to  a different locations address, so when they click to open the application it opens the location that I just ran the script for.
February 19th, 2015 11:21pm

You can request a script here:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/site/requests

This forum is for scripting questions rather than script requests.

Before submitting your request, you're going to need to develop a fairly detailed specification because it's not likely that many people that might volunteer to do this for you will have the application in question.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 19th, 2015 11:34pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics