Help to debug
  • An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
  • The execution failed for the shared data set 'DataSet1'. (rsDataSetExecutionError)
      • Cannot create a connection to data source ' Data source for shared dataset'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)

Hello, the above error message I get on the published report, but everything works fine when I do a preview in Visual Studio.

How can I see exactely what is wrong?

April 21st, 2015 7:44am

Whats the credentials you're using for datasource? Is it windows credentials?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 21st, 2015 7:49am

Yes, I am using windows credentials.

Connection to the shared data source

- <DataSourceDefinition>   <Extension>SQL</Extension>   <ConnectString>Data Source=SC00SRVERP501R1;Initial
Catalog="STIHL FI"
</ConnectString>   <UseOriginalConnectString>False</UseOriginalConnectString>   <OriginalConnectStringExpressionBased>False</OriginalConnectStringExpressionBased>   <CredentialRetrieval>Integrated</CredentialRetrieval>   <Enabled>True</Enabled>   </DataSourceDefinition>
April 21st, 2015 7:59am

Are you trying to access the report over internet?
April 21st, 2015 8:03am

No. All servers are located within our local network.
April 21st, 2015 8:04am

Can you right click on the internet explore and select "Run as administrator" option and see if the reports are coming fine?
April 21st, 2015 8:08am

OK, I ran IE as Administrator but got the same result.
April 21st, 2015 8:14am

Are you sure that you deployed the reports on same server where you also have the database being queried?

This sort of issue can also happen due to Double-hop issue. In other is SC00SRVERP501R1 server hosting both SSRS reports and database or is it different?

April 21st, 2015 8:20am

Aaah, no sorry my mistake. The database being queried is on another server, but they are all located in the same local network.
April 21st, 2015 8:21am

Aaah, no sorry my mistake. The database being queried is on another server, but they are all located in the same local network.
Credential you used for database connection is a windows credential or sql login?
April 21st, 2015 8:23am

Cool I anticipated that: Now can you use SQL Authentication to connect instead of Windows Authentication and post the result back here

April 21st, 2015 8:25am

Windows credentials
April 21st, 2015 8:25am

New connection

- <DataSourceDefinition>   <Extension>SQL</Extension>   <ConnectString>Data Source=SC00SRVERP501R1;Initial
Catalog="STIHL FI"
</ConnectString>   <UseOriginalConnectString>False</UseOriginalConnectString>   <OriginalConnectStringExpressionBased>False</OriginalConnectStringExpressionBased>   <CredentialRetrieval>Store</CredentialRetrieval>   <WindowsCredentials>False</WindowsCredentials>   <ImpersonateUser>False</ImpersonateUser>   <UserName>zscx1org01</UserName>   <Enabled>True</Enabled>

</DataSourceDefinition>

Same arror message as Before I am afraid.

• An
    error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
    • The
      execution failed for the shared data set 'DataSet1'.
      (rsDataSetExecutionError)
      • Cannot
        create a connection to data source ' Data source for shared dataset'.
        (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
        • For
          more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local
          server machine, or enable remote errors

April 21st, 2015 8:34am

Did you try logging onto db using same credentials in SSMS and see if it works fine there?
April 21st, 2015 8:36am

Yes. That user has been used all the time from the SSMS, and when I tested the report I used my own account. But now the report use the same account regardless, if I understand this correctly.
April 21st, 2015 8:39am

Sorry but the code you posted says username as zscx1org01. I dont think its a windows login. Also value is False against WindowsCredentials in XML

Also Integrated security will work only if Impersonation and delegation  is set

see

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms160330.aspx

April 21st, 2015 8:54am

zscx1org01 IS a Windows user. I do not understand the rest of what your are Writing, can you describe a Little more?
April 21st, 2015 8:57am

For testing purpose, can you create/ use SQL Server account (Not Windows/ AD account), such as sa to connect to the database that you are trying to query. The account you specified appears to Windows which you cannot use.

April 21st, 2015 11:33am

Hi SPEHE,

Your issue can be caused by the credential setting isn't correct. Please click the shared datasource on the report manager and set the windowns credential as below to have a check:

After enter the Username and password and click the "Test Connection" button to test if the connection will successfully, remember to check the "Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source" option.

If the above didn't help, you can also choose the "Windowns Integrated security" to have a test.

If you issue still exists, please try to provide more details error message in the log file to help us better analysis about the issue, the path like :
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles

Any problem, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Vicky Liu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

April 21st, 2015 10:07pm

Thank you for your interest. When I follow your first suggestion, the message "Connection created successfully" but after clicking 'Apply' and running the report again I get exactely the same error....

When I use the "Use windows integrated security", I get the error message "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'."

April 22nd, 2015 2:53am

Thank you for your interest. When I tried your suggestion, and ran the report with my sa account, it actually worked. But I really do not want to use this account, how can I make it work with a Windows/AD account?
April 22nd, 2015 3:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics