Help on Remote access to server from an XM machine
Dear all, I have at a customer site a server 2008 Standard machine which is connected to customer network but not attached to a domain. On this server I set up an administrator password What my customer reports is that from an XP machine where it is logged as administrator, he can freely access the C$ share drive without any password prompting. That is strang for me becasue normally it should have been request for Administrative password in order to connect to the server. How can it be possible ? How to avoid this, nay policy setting ? regards sergeYour knowledge is enhanced by that of others.
October 22nd, 2010 4:11am

Hi, 1. Does the administrator account on the both computer have the identical password? What happens if you change the password of the administrator account on the server side? 2. Do you have the administrator account user name and password stored on the WIndows XP? Is there any stored user name and password for remote resource accessing on the Windows XP client?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2010 1:49am

It is solved, The customer share once a folder with admin accounts and save credentialsYour knowledge is enhanced by that of others.
October 27th, 2010 9:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics