Help needed on Transforming input File to EDI Format

I have an input flat file in one location. Using BizTalk, i need to pick that file from that Recieve location, transform it to EDI format and send it to Destination location.

Now, when I place input file in the "Recieve location", it is being processed and it is erased from recieve location. But I am not able to see the output in the Destination location.

And when i query it in BizTalk Administration console, the state is "Completed" without any errors.

Any guidance/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

May 14th, 2014 6:22am

you can see in Tracked Messages and analyse what happen with the file .

you can check which Orchestration or Sendport picked that file .

Regards

Mohit Gupta

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 14th, 2014 6:38am

I have an input flat file in one location. Using BizTalk, i need to pick that file from that Recieve location, transform it to EDI format and send it to Destination location.

Now, when I place input file in the "Recieve location", it is being processed and it is erased from recieve location. But I am not able to see the output in the Destination location.

And when i query it in BizTalk Administration console, the state is "Completed" without any errors.

Any guidance/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

It should be suspended in Admin Console. If it is not, is there any send used for routing failed messages?

May 14th, 2014 7:05am

Thanks for the immediate response. I verified with the Tracked Instances, and it is showing the State as "Completed" without any errors.
May 14th, 2014 8:38am

Thanks for the immediate response. I verified with the Tracked Instances, and it is showing the State as "Completed" without any errors.
So it appeared in final location or not?
May 14th, 2014 9:24am

It is not appearing in the Final location.. I am not able to figure out what is the problem as the State is showing as Completed in Admin Console.
  • Edited by Anand M J Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:32 AM
May 14th, 2014 9:32am

It is not appearing in the Final location.. I am not able to figure out what is the problem as the State is showing as Completed in Admin Console.
  • Edited by Anand M J Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:32 AM
May 14th, 2014 9:32am

Don't check tracked messages, as message is tracked multiple places, some parts may have completed.

Go to Admin Console group, Check Suspended messages or All in progress messages..

And did you check events log to see any errors??

May 14th, 2014 10:11am

I cross verified in Suspended messages and All in progress instances under Admin Console Group, but did not find that instance.

I did check in Events log and no errors are registered.

May 14th, 2014 11:09am

Can you tell us exactly what shows as Completed?  The Receive Pipeline, an Orchestration, the Send Pipeline...

Also, you haven't given any indication of what is actually supposed to happen.  Are you routing the message directly the a Send Port via a Filter?  Is there an Orchestration in between?

May 14th, 2014 11:44am

Thanks for the response..

Now I got to know that only Receive pipeline component's state is shown as "Completed" in the Admin Console.. And there is no Orchestration in between..

Let me explain the whole scenario in detail:

I need to fetch an input flat file (.txt format) from the "Recieve location" and I am supposed to transform that to an EDI message X12 and send it to Destination folder.

I have set up the receive port and send port configuration in the Admin Console, have created the agreement and other settings.

The problem I am facing is :

I am able to pick up the file from the input folder and as you said the receive pipeline component's state is "Completed" when i query for Tracked Instances.. But am not able to figure out why the file is not being processed and sent to the destination folder.. (If I query for All In Progress instances, suspended instances or Running instances : I am not getting any results and the below grid is empty).

Please suggest on how to proceed with this. 

May 14th, 2014 12:40pm

That is not possible. Something is looking for your message..!

Is there any other send port having filter for that Receive Port/ message type etc..

You haven't answered the previous question from boatseller, in your send port is there any filter available?

If not do that as first thing.

Add filter expression

ReceivePortName = "youRecivePort"

After you do this, try again and see if messages suspends or what happens

May 15th, 2014 9:36am

Sorry for the delayed response...

I do have a filter in the send port for Recieve port name (BTS.RecievePortName == "MyRecieveLocation").

Even now am seeing the Receive Pipeline state as Completed and I am not seeing any suspended instances....

May 19th, 2014 7:19am

Hi all, I have just collated everything and have put it in my words below..Please let me know your valuable inputs as I am struck in this point from more than a week.

I need to fetch an input flat file (.txt format) from the "Receive location" and I am supposed to transform that to an EDI message X12 format and send it to Destination folder. I have set up the receive port and send port configurations in the Admin Console, have created the Trading Partners, agreement and other settings.

The problem I am facing : Now, when I place input file in the "Receive location", it is being processed and I am able to pick up the file from the input folder but I am not able to figure out why the file is not being processed and sent to the destination folder.. (If I query for All In Progress instances, suspended instances or Running instances : I am not getting any results and the below grid is always empty).

And when i query it in Biz-talk Administration console for Tracked instances, the Receive pipeline component's state is "Completed" without any errors.

And I am not using any Orchestration in between..

Thank you all in advance....

May 20th, 2014 9:15am

Do you only have Receive Instances Tracked? No Send Instance either completed or started or anything?

If you don't see any Send Instances and you don't have any suspended messages, then I would expect that tracking has been disabled on for your Send Pipeline.

Go to: All Artifacts | Pipelines | find the appropriate Pipeline used for sending and verify that both checkboxes under "Track Events" are enabled.

Morten la Cour

• Edited by la Cour Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:30 AM
May 20th, 2014 9:30am

Do you only have Receive Instances Tracked? No Send Instance either completed or started or anything?

If you don't see any Send Instances and you don't have any suspended messages, then I would expect that tracking has been disabled on for your Send Pipeline.

Go to: All Artifacts | Pipelines | find the appropriate Pipeline used for sending and verify that both checkboxes under "Track Events" are enabled.

Morten la Cour

• Edited by la Cour Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:30 AM
May 20th, 2014 9:30am

Thanks for the response Cour..

Yes you are right.. I am able to see tracking for only Receive pipeline..

I will try enabling tracking for Send pipelines and get back to you.. 

May 20th, 2014 9:50am

Try to test your map file if it is creating output. Because if Output file is empty then it might not get created at destination folder.
May 20th, 2014 9:53am

Thanks for the response Atul..

I just tried to Test the Map, and it gave few errors in the Output screen.. 1 of them is : The required field "B1003" has no incoming link, constant value, or default value...

I don't have any input parameter to map to this element, can you please guide me how to set a default value for the same? ( I just need to send a blank space for the node element).

May 20th, 2014 12:04pm

Hi Atul,

I was somehow able to figure out answer for the above query.. Now I am getting 1 more error message which says : 

The element 'LXLoop1' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006' has invalid child element 'AT7Loop1'

Can you please help me in this regard as well..

May 20th, 2014 1:58pm

Ok, Please let me know Which EDI document you are working on.
May 21st, 2014 5:45am

Thanks Atul.. I am working on EDI X12 214 Transportation type (X12_00401_214)
May 21st, 2014 6:39am

May be it is not creating the LX before AT7Loop1. Or else your AT7Loop is exceeding its limits.

Can you paste your output here, so it will be easy to check exact issue ?

May 21st, 2014 8:06am

thanks for the response..

Am getting the below lines as output:

TestMap used the following file: " "  error btm1046: Output validation error: The element 'LXLoop1' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006' has invalid child element 'AT7Loop1' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006'. List of possible elements expected: 'LX' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006'.

Will attach the output screenshot in a while through one of my friend's id..

• Edited by Anand M J Friday, May 23, 2014 7:34 AM
May 21st, 2014 9:38am

thanks for the response..

Am getting the below lines as output:

TestMap used the following file: " "  error btm1046: Output validation error: The element 'LXLoop1' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006' has invalid child element 'AT7Loop1' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006'. List of possible elements expected: 'LX' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006'.

Will attach the output screenshot in a while through one of my friend's id..

• Edited by Anand M J Friday, May 23, 2014 7:34 AM
May 21st, 2014 9:38am

I am attaching the screenshot through this id as it was not getting uploaded through mine..

May 21st, 2014 9:41am

Hi,

Waiting for response/suggestion for the above issue... Please provide the inputs for the same...

Thanks in advance...

• Edited by Anand M J Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:42 AM
May 22nd, 2014 6:34am

Hi,

Waiting for response/suggestion for the above issue... Please provide the inputs for the same...

Thanks in advance...

• Edited by Anand M J Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:42 AM
May 22nd, 2014 6:34am

Also,, for the above screenshot I am getting the below error: 

Output validation error: The 'AT701' element is invalid - The value '' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006:X12_ID_1650' - The Enumeration constraint failed.

Can anyone suggest me on the same?

May 23rd, 2014 7:33am

go to your schema, go to node: AT701, click on enumeration in properties window.

A list will show up with all possible values (valid values) for that element (AT701). You have to pick any one of those values for this element.

Your dummy value MileStone_0 looks like invalid value.

May 23rd, 2014 10:28am

Thanks Pradheep..

I am able to see the list with valid values for the element AT701. But, I am not able to pick any one of those as "OK" button is always disabled. Can you tell on how to enable it?

May 23rd, 2014 11:01am

Thanks Pradheep..

I am able to see the list with valid values for the element AT701. But, I am not able to pick any one of those as "OK" button is always disabled. Can you tell on how to enable it?

By Picking I mean, in your input file that you drop, paste one of those values. Because only a value which is valid according to schema will be considered valid.
May 23rd, 2014 11:25am

Yes Pradheep..

I understand.. And I am passing the value as "C1" which is valid for element AT701 (This value is specified in the schema as well)... 

May 23rd, 2014 11:31am

Ok paste your most current Error Message,

Has AT701 error message gone away or still ocurring?

May 23rd, 2014 11:40am

AT701 error message is still occuring.. Below is the error message which I am getting now:

error btm1046: Output validation error: The 'AT701' element is invalid - The value 'C1' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006:X12_ID_1650' - The Enumeration constraint failed.

I am passing the value as "C1" from the sample file...

May 23rd, 2014 11:42am

Hi,

Set Min=0 and Max=100 Occurs in your Schema and data type should be as string.

May 26th, 2014 5:51pm

Hi Syed,

I tried setting MinOccurs = 0 and MaxOccurs = 100 in the schema..

Still, when I click on "Test Map", I am getting the same error in the output.

error btm1046: Output validation error: The 'AT701' element is invalid - The value ' ' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006:X12_ID_1650' - The Enumeration constraint failed.

• Proposed as answer by Vivin Muthu Tuesday, December 02, 2014 11:25 AM
May 27th, 2014 5:58am

Hi Syed,

I tried setting MinOccurs = 0 and MaxOccurs = 100 in the schema..

Still, when I click on "Test Map", I am getting the same error in the output.

error btm1046: Output validation error: The 'AT701' element is invalid - The value ' ' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006:X12_ID_1650' - The Enumeration constraint failed.

• Proposed as answer by Vivin Muthu Tuesday, December 02, 2014 11:25 AM
May 27th, 2014 5:58am

Hi Anand,

As per the above error message, there is no value associated with the 'AT701' element. Kindly pass any accepted value in your input file and try proceeding and post if still facing any error.

November 17th, 2014 11:40am

The value ' ' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/BizTalk/EDI/X12/2006:X12_ID_1650'  - The Enumeration constraint failed.

In the input file, for the corresponding node there is no value as per the error message received. But for the corresponding node the enumeration is available. Due to which the error is being raised.

December 2nd, 2014 11:25am

Hi Anand,

I have posted one query today on how to take flat file as input and transform it into EDI message using biztalk. you can see and reply to this "

EDI message generation from Flat file using BizTalk 2013"

question on this forum.

March 13th, 2015 9:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics