Help me please.... Managed Property not returning all documents in search results

Hi All,

I have word docs, excel, PPT, PDFs, zip files, etc. in my document library and each document is assigned to a metadata tag term.

I created managed property and added crawl properties (PopularSearch) in CA and started full crawling.

To test, I have tagged 5 PDF documents with a tag term (PopularSearch:ABC which are all PDF documents) and searched but the SharePoint results display only 3 PDF documents of total 5 documents.

I tried reseting index after tagging the documents, start full crawl for couple of time... but still the same results.

In near future there will load of documents that will be tagged to a term, and I am afraid if the managed property doesn't display all the results.

Am I missing on any settings that could display all documents that matches the term or is there anything else? Could anyone help me with this please?

Regards,

DJ

• Edited by Rookio Monday, January 26, 2015 9:23 AM
January 22nd, 2015 7:12pm

Hi DJ,

Please check the crawl logs there might be an error against these documents. If no try to search these 3 document with title check if these document returning by the search. If possible please let me know the query rules you are using for this metadata column.

Regards,

Basant Pandey

http://sharepointfordeveloper.blogspot.com

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 22nd, 2015 7:42pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics