Help: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Administrator Password
Dear Sir, we lost the windows server 2008 password, the Administrator Password. note that all the operator systems installed in Hyper-V Machine ! and the hyper-V machine also joined to the domain. Kindly Help
March 10th, 2011 3:09am

If you lost the local admin password, then you can just logon to any other PC with a domain admin account, open a new MMC console, add the Local Users and Groups snap-in, connect to the server where the password is lost and reset the Administrator password. If you lost the Domain Administrator account password, that is a totally different scenario.MCDST, MCSAS, MCSES, MCDBA, MCITP, MCTS, MCT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 10th, 2011 3:59am

Hi georgeawwad, Do you have any other user who has administrator privileges? If so, you can use that user to reset the administrator’s password. If you have no other administrator account, there is no Microsoft recommended way to reset the administrative passwords. This is designed for improving security. Thanks for your understanding. For more information, please take a look at the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article: Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords http://support.microsoft.com/kb/189126/en-us Regards, BruceThis posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
March 10th, 2011 7:19am

Friend, you may feel troublesome to solve this problem! For the lost password is the Server admin password which is different from the Windows 7, Vista or XP admin password. I have experienced the tricky situation. As I remembered, I refered to Google search, tried many suggestions. Finally, I used the Ainorsoft Windows Password Recovery to help my Windows server 2008 admin password by DIY a password reset disk. It is so easy and quick! Hope it helps you too! Please share ways to bypass Windows password?
March 14th, 2011 9:41pm

There are still tips for you. 1. Log in another account which have right to reset the password. 2. Find a password recovery which can help you reset the password to blank. See more about this How to reset windows server 2008 R2 password? http://www.articlesbase.com/security-articles/how-to-reset-windows-server-2008-r2-password-when-we-lost-it-3077184.html Just hope they can help.
March 17th, 2011 5:35am

You can create a Windows Server 2008 Administrator password reset disk to reset your password. Follow this 5 easy steps: 1. Enter a computer that can link to Internet. Download Windows Password Reset Tool and install the software on that computer. 2. Run the software and create windows password reset disk by follow the instructions. 3. Eject the created CD/DVD and insert it into the locked computer. 4. Reboot the locked computer (it's necessary for you to change your locked computer's BIOS setting to make it boot from CD drive) and then follow the instructions to reset Account password. 5. Now login Windows and set a new password.Reset Windows Administrator Password
April 15th, 2011 3:33am

I think you may try Windows Password Key Enterprise, with this tool you can clear your domain administrator password without knowing the current one and regain access your domain controll to reset a new one. I know many Windows Servers used it to solved their domain password problems. Just hope it can help you too You may need this totorial: How to reset Windows server 2008 domain password ?
April 20th, 2011 4:53am

this is hyper-v - your suggestion won't work, unless you know a trick others don'tD-B-S
May 27th, 2011 11:09am

Hmm... You forgot Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Administrator Password? Why not try some Password Recovery Tool? They can save time and really work!How to Reset Windows 7 Password if you forget it?
June 9th, 2011 3:12am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics