Help, PowerPivot in Excel 2013 is missing

hi

I recently change excel 2013 preview to excel profesional 2013 but PowerPivot is missing, what do I have to do, It`s not in the COM add-ins list, I tried too many ways, somebody can help me.

February 21st, 2013 8:14pm

Check this out - :(

http://www.powerpivotpro.com/2013/02/hey-who-moved-my-powerpivot-2013-cheese/

Update

Find below the excerpt from MSFT employee

"Hi all,

We understand that this puts those of you who have less than ProPlus in a bad position where your previous Excel 2010 workbooks are concerned. You can't use them in Excel 2013 without updating the data model, and you can't update the data model without the add-in. If you know someone with ProPlus or an Enterprise SKU, you can always ask them to update the workbook and save it in 2013. From there, you should be able to use it.

For basic PowerPivot functionality, you don't need the add-in. So you can also recreate your PivotTables in Excel 2013 using the new data model. The key is to select "Add this data to the data model" when you create the pivottable from one of your data sources. Then you can import other tables, and use the "All" tab on the field list to add the other information. On either the Data tab or the PivotTable tools Analyze tab, you can create the relationships you need.

Hope this helps!
Anita"

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 21st, 2013 9:12pm

Hi mlvmx,

PowerPivot in Excel 2013 is an add-in you can use to perform powerful data analysis in Excel 2013. The add-in is available in Microsoft Office Professional Plus. Its built-into Excel 2013 but is not enabled. Heres how you enable PowerPivot before you use it for the first time.

1. Go to File > Options > Add-Ins.
  2. In the Manage box, click COM Add-ins> Go.
  3. Check the Microsoft Office PowerPivot for Excel 2013 box, and then click OK. If you have other versions of the PowerPivot add-in installed, those versions are also listed in the COM Add-ins list. Be sure to select the PowerPivot add-in for Excel 2013.

For more information, please see: http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/excel-help/start-powerpivot-in-excel-2013-add-in-HA102837097.aspx

Regards,

February 26th, 2013 1:14am

I have this problem and have tried all recommended fixes including Regedit. Neither of the HKEY Current user lines for Win 8 are there?? This problem has existed for 2 of 3 my PC's since installation. The other 1 has no issues. Have made several calls to MS without luck (transferred many times - see Issue No# 1231686119). Where to from here???? Any help would be appreciated.

January 20th, 2014 3:20am

I have installed Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 on a VM, and Power Pivot is not showing up in my add-ins. There is also no Power Pivot folder in the add-ins folder in my Program Files, only Power View.

This does not happen with the same installation on my local environment, only on the VM. The VM in sunning Windows 7 with Office 64bit. My local machine is running Windows 8 with Office 64 bit.

Is this a known issue, or have I missed something in the installation?

March 27th, 2014 5:36pm

Try running the fix it tool from here : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2805999
August 14th, 2014 5:46pm

I am having the same issue. on my boss's pc, power pivot does not show up in the com add ins. It is also missing the registry keys. We tried running the fix tool and it did nothing. We also ran a full repair and that also did nothing. Does anyone else have any idea on how to fix it from there?
August 28th, 2014 5:49pm

Hello Jonathan,

And which Edition is used, also Professional Plus 2013?

August 29th, 2014 7:34am

Pro Plus 2013
August 29th, 2014 12:50pm

We were able to get it fixed. It took a complete uninstall and reinstall of Office, but he now has the Power Pivot add in.

August 29th, 2014 7:13pm

Hi All,

I have the same issue with Power Pivot add-in, it does not show in registry keys or add-in folder under program files.

We have installed Office 2013 professional Plus 32 bit on Windows server 2012R2 datacentre 64bit platform.  Microsoft fix it tool doesn't run on this machine (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2805999)

looks like there is no solution other than complete uninstall and reinstall?

Thanks

Sonny

September 2nd, 2014 6:33am

That was the only thing that helped me. I tried everything from repair to registry keys. Only the complete uninstall and reinstall worked for me.

-Jonathan

September 3rd, 2014 3:43pm

Thanks Jonathan,

Just to clarify the steps in complete uninstall and install

1. uninstall Excel from programs and features

2. maybe restart server

3. Install from software download or cd

sonny

September 3rd, 2014 10:55pm

That would be the steps I would take. I would reboot the server for sure before trying to reinstall the software.

-Jonathan

September 8th, 2014 7:53pm

Mr. Long,

You obviously did NOT read the whole plea for help. "it is NOT in the COM add-ins list." I am having the same issue. I wish Microsoft would correct differences with add-ins and such between the different versions of Office. It should not matter what PC you are on or that you have Office Home and Student 2013 (which is what I have) or Pro, etc. It makes it difficult to use certain functions. I am taking an Excel class and the book we are using the book "GO! with Microsoft Excel 2013" and the instructions are the same as what you have stated. I will have to ask the Professor what my options are.

November 6th, 2014 6:23pm

We had the same issue, tried the registry fix but no luck. We fixed it by going into Control Panel > Programs and Features > selecting Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2013 > selecting Change > Add or Remove Features > Continue > click the + next to Microsoft Excel + Add-ins > drop down next to PowerPivot and selected Run from My Computer > Continue and then went back into Excel and it was now an available add-in under com add-ins. Looks like the default installation didnt install PowerPivot. 
  • Proposed as answer by Michael E Regan Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:45 PM
November 20th, 2014 4:08pm

We had the same issue, tried the registry fix but no luck. We fixed it by going into Control Panel > Programs and Features > selecting Microsoft Office Pro Plus 2013 > selecting Change > Add or Remove Features > Continue > click the + next to Microsoft Excel + Add-ins > drop down next to PowerPivot and selected Run from My Computer > Continue and then went back into Excel and it was now an available add-in under com add-ins. Looks like the default installation didnt install PowerPivot. 
  • Proposed as answer by Michael E Regan Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:45 PM
November 20th, 2014 4:08pm

Thanks so much ..tried all the registry hacks and the repair tools.... and all along it was just not added in correctly... working perfectly now..
March 20th, 2015 9:12am

Thanks so much ..tried all the registry hacks and the repair tools.... and all along it was just not added in correctly... working perfectly now..
  • Proposed as answer by damontes 12 hours 33 minutes ago

• Proposed as answer by damontes Friday, July 17, 2015 6:33 PM

Thanks for the advice. Problem solved!

/Jakob

April 24th, 2015 3:36pm

Great,

The company updated to 2013 but the add-in wasn't installed. Now it works!

Thanks

July 17th, 2015 2:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics