Help!! UAC is driving me MAD!!
I have the following scenario. 1. I am using DPM 2010 which creates two NTFS volumes on a disk. 2. I go to Computer Management and grant Administrators, SYSTEM, Users, Everyone, domain\everyone FULL CONTROL on both these volumes. 3. I have a program which creates a VSS snapshot of these two volumes 4. I create a mount point on the VSS snapshot Now I am able to browse this mount point and see each and every file in the mount point when the UAC is turned off when UAC is turned on (and sever is rebooted) when I click on the directory, it asks me user id and password. when I enter the userid and password (member of local Administrators group) it says "Access is Denied" I tried reading up on UAC but this is making NO SENSE to me. I am a member of local admin and when I right click and say "run as administrator" then I should be getting the admin token right?? So why does the browse folder fail when UAC is ON?? There is no problems with the Admin not having permissions to the folder etc because then I would not be able to browse the folder even with UAC off. Please help me here because I am not able to debug this issue for many days and its driving me insane.
November 11th, 2010 5:11am

I found the answer to my question after 3 weeks of going insane. WINDOWS EXPLORER CANNOT RUN IN "ADMINISTRATOR" MODE IF UAC IS ON!!!! Find this hard to believe?? here is the kb article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2273047 My question to Microsoft is that why doesn't Windows grey out the option of "Run as Administrator" for Windows explorer??? it fools the customer by allowing them to do run as admin ... but silently it runs it as standard user context.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 16th, 2010 8:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics