Health Service Script error in SCSM 2012

The following error keeps apearing in the SCSM 2012 log

GetSQL2012SPNState.vbs : Unable to open WMI Namespace 'winmgmts:\\SERVERNAME.domain.com.hotfix.domain.com\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ComputerManagement11'.  Check to see if the WMI service is enabled and running, and ensure this WMI namespace exists.. The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable

I bolded what i think the issue is.  There is no computer name with hotfix in it and it repeats the domain twice.  Any idea how to fix this?

September 8th, 2014 1:36am

I have the exact same problem.
But in my case its not hotfix.domain.com but another subdomain that is present in the environment (but not on this machine).

Its a script started from SCOM with the fqdn provided as an argument. So somehow the fqdn is not correctly resolved, by the scom-agent, I suppose.

Seems to be more of a SCOM-issue than a Service manager-issue...

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 7th, 2014 1:14pm

Hi Jeff,

I have the same issue. Have you found a way to solve this?

November 10th, 2014 1:43pm

UP.

I have the same issue too. Any idea ?

November 14th, 2014 2:32pm

UP.

UP.

UP.

Hi,

This error message should be delivered from SCOM, would you please check whether the below FQDN can be resolved by DNS:

SERVERNAME.domain.com.hotfix.domain.com

We may need to also check all computers witht the SERVERNAME, and check the DNS suffix list for them.

Regards,

Yan Li

November 17th, 2014 7:33am

I too have this same error.

I have a forest a.com and two child domains b.a.com and c.a.com . The SCOM Server and Server being monitored are in b.a.com and in the SQL server Ops Manager logs I get the same errors as others here with the sibling domain.

So on server fred.b.a.com , monitored by scom.b.a.com it says "'winmgmts:\\fred.b.a.com.c.a.com\root\Microsoft\SqlServer\ComputerManagement11'"

in my case the c.a.com dns name is not a listed suffix and the name fred.b.a.com.c.a.com is nonsensical in any case. On another server it complains of a diffrently sibling domain which is in the dns suffix list so I dont think thats related.

Would love toknow more on this

November 24th, 2014 2:33am

I had this issue in my environment as well. It is due to the script querying the Global Catalog instead of LDAP, and (from what I've gathered) DNS Suffix search order settings. This issue was resolved in version 6.5.4.0 of the System Center Management Pack for SQL Server released on December 15th, 2014. The default value of the "Scope of search" is now LDAP instead of GC, but you can override it if your environment needs GC instead.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10631

From the MP Guide:

SPN monitor now has overridable 'search scope' which allows the end user to choose between LDAP and Global Catalog

March 14th, 2015 2:55pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics