Having problems obtaining Windows 10 Education or Enterprise for DirectAccess

I am Currently Running Win 8.x Enterprise Edition from a Previous Technet Subscription along with 2 Domain Controllers in my Home Win2012R2 & Server 2016 in Non-Production/ Testing use..

I want to upgrade to Win10 for Direct X12 & DirectAccess VPN  - so for this purpose it looks like Windows 10 Education would be the best fit ( I believe it also comes with Mark Russinovich Sysinternals.com tools /desktop pack) - I don't need the long term branching etc.

Since I am a Student -  I was able to obtain a Personal Dreamspark account from Microsoft (which provides Free Microsoft Server products (2012, SQL Visual Studio etc)  - but not client software) ....  My School University of Washington  (UW.edu) is a Dreamspark Premium member... which  normally provides Windows10 - but that is limited to specific departments /Colleges at the University - that excludes me  - so am I SOL..?  or can I actually purchase a single copy of windows 10 education? if so from where exactly? 

Do I need to buy a Volume license min 5 copies direct from Microsoft of Enterprise edition?  and at that price of around $1500  would it be better to get a low cost MSDN Subscription at $1199 that includes 2 Free tech Support..  are there any Discounts or Advantages for being a Microsoft Certified Professional ?

or could I get Windows 10 Enterprise + Server 2012 Free from Microsoft for 3 years by Joining Microsoft Bizspark program?

I just want to know the best want to get Windows 10 Education / Enterprise edition as an upgrade from Windows 8.x Pro or Enterprise... when the rest of the world is getting the updates for free.. because they don't need DirectAccess VPN to their Home while traveling...

September 1st, 2015 6:30pm

Hi Kevin,

I understand that you'd like to know the best way to get Windows 10 Education/Enterprise edition. For the license related issues, I'd suggest you contact a Microsoft reseller or your regional Microsoft customer support center:

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/customer-service-phone-numbers

Also, please note that we mainly focus on AD DS related questions in this forum, for any Windows 10 upgrade specific issues, you can post in the dedicated forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?category=Windows10ITPro%2Cw8itpro%2Cw7itpro%2Cwindowsvistaitpro%2Cwindowsxpitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Eth

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 2:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics