Have received a certificate from AS400 to be applied to my Windows 2003 server.
I have received a certificate from my AS400 group to be applied to my Windows 2003 server. I opened up MMC and loaded the Certficate Add-on. I then imported the certificate and let the wizard decide the proper location for it. Is this the best practice way of doing this?
August 5th, 2012 11:55pm

That depends on the type of certificate you are importing. If the certificate is a "personal" machine certificate, it should be imported in the machine "personal" store. Other types should be placed in the proper store. The import can equally be done using the MMC certificate snap-in or the certutil.exe tool when importing personal certificates on specific machines or using Group Policies when importing CA certificates on large scale. /Hasain
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 6th, 2012 7:11pm

Hi, Just checking in to see if the information provided by Hasain was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance. Have a great day! Regards Kevin TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.
August 9th, 2012 10:09pm

Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we will mark it as Answered as the information provided should be helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish. BTW, wed love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts. Best Regards Kevin TechNet Subscriber Support If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 13th, 2012 12:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics