Hardware reporting in AIS 2.0?

According to the AIS 2.0 release statement at the MDOP blog: "Better hardware reporting and the ability to view the hardware properties of a computer"

The release e-mail I received yesterday also includes the quote "Based on customer feedback, we have designed the new 2.0 service to provide you with many useful new features including hardware reporting"

How would I access the hardware reports? There still seems to be only the choice of Software and License reports.

May 18th, 2011 10:34am

Hi Vibes,

The hardware information is in the computers workspace.  There you can use the filters to see different infomation and click on indiviual machines names to see the component level details of that machine.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 19th, 2011 5:35pm

Why can't you create a report of all of your hardware?  Having the ability to look at an individual computer inventory is ok, but being able to create a report of all of the inventoried computers would be much more useful.  I would like to create a report of all of the computers inventoried serial numbers.  AIS has the information, but is there a way to get this information out?

May 24th, 2011 4:30am

There are two filters under the all computer category.  Hardware classificiation and hardware identity which solves my serial number issus.  Is it possible to get a full component report of all hardware fields?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 24th, 2011 5:34am

Thanks Layne,

Hardware reporting improvements is something we are considering for a future release.  For now, the hardware filters allow you to see your data in the computers workspace.

Thanks,

May 26th, 2011 7:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics