HYPER V 2012 - SNAPSHOTS

Hi Everyone

I have a big problem and i hope somone can help me out here because i cant find any documentation or any forums agardin this.

I have a Windows Server 2012 with HyperV roles installed.

I have 3 virtual serveres and 2 Disk about 900 GB.

On of This serveres has run on 3 snapshots.

The problem is this at wee turn the virtual server Down and we delete snapshots on hyper v and mergning Progress begin... but we quickly notified the diskspace its been bigger bigger bigger and the disk was 10GB from to be full so we canceled the merge.

After that we start the virtual machine Again and now we have a VHD file and 3 other AVHDX files wich is 162GB, 130GB, 324GB

We have about 30 GB free storage on that disk and the machine is on production.

On HyperV Manager cant we no more se the snapshots of this machine but on that folder where machine is can we se 3 snapshots and 1 vhd file.

Just one of thoose AVHDX files (162GB) is in use and not the 2 othe snapshots and VHD.

What should i do and how can i merge those file to AVHD and never make a snapshot Again.?

I Have atached a Picture so you can see what i mean.

THANKS GUYS

August 14th, 2014 4:00pm

When you're merging, the process is making a copy of the disk, so you'd need enough for the full disk.

If you need more help, a much better place to post Hyper-V questions is the Hyper-V forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverhyperv

This forum is for the product Virtual Server 2005, which is not related to Hyper-V.

There are dozens of threads regarding the deletion and merging of Hyper-V snapshots in the hyper-v forum.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 14th, 2014 11:00pm