HTML E-mail template not working in service manager

I followed this article to create a E-mail notification template as HTML:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2009/09/28/creating-notification-templates-in-system-center-service-manager.aspx

When user receives the template in Outlook 2010/2013, it just shows the HTML code instead of a webpage with all the formatting as advised in the article above.

Can you please confirm why that's the case.

Version of Service Manager running: Service Manager 2012 SP1

September 7th, 2015 6:54pm

Did you checkmarked the box "Send as HTML"?

Could you please post the content of your notification template here?

Also you can check the mail template with the following free tool: New tool: SCSM Email Template Tester

Hope this helps.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2015 7:10pm

Did you checkmarked the box "Send as HTML"? Yes I did

I am using this template via Cireson's Advanced Send e-mail app

Please find content below:

<html>
<head> <meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"> <meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered)"> <style> <!--  /* Font Definitions */  @font-face     {font-family:"Cambria Math";     panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} @font-face     {font-family:Calibri;     panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}  /* Style Definitions */  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal     {margin:0cm;     margin-bottom:.0001pt;     font-size:11.0pt;     font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink     {color:blue;     text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed     {color:purple;     text-decoration:underline;} p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph     {margin-top:0cm;     margin-right:0cm;     margin-bottom:0cm;     margin-left:36.0pt;     margin-bottom:.0001pt;     font-size:11.0pt;     font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";} .MsoChpDefault     {font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";} .MsoPapDefault     {margin-bottom:10.0pt;     line-height:115%;} @page WordSection1     {size:595.3pt 841.9pt;     margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;} div.WordSection1     {page:WordSection1;} --> </style>
</head>
<body lang=EN-NZ link=blue vlink=purple>
<div><p><p><p login details to pass on to the user below . . .</p>
<p><p style='text-indent:-18.0pt'><span style='font-family: Symbol'></span><span style='font-size:7.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span><i>Username: <b>Bold username</b></i></p>
<p style='text-indent:-18.0pt'><span style='font-family: Symbol'></span><span style='font-size:7.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span><i>Password: <b>Bold Password</b> (will be forced to change at 1<sup>st</sup> login)</i></p>
<p style='text-indent:-18.0pt'><span style='font-family: Symbol'></span><span style='font-size:7.0pt;font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span><i>Email address: <b>Bold e-mail address</a></b></i></p>
<p><p><p></div>
</body>
</html>

September 7th, 2015 7:35pm

Their/itnetx Send Mail app as far as I know does not support HTML. It's just a means to let you leverage the SCSM Workflow account to...well send a simple email. Where I think the confusion is arising is that the app lets you leverage "Email Templates" you've created in the SCSM Console but it doesn't actually send them as HTML regardless if you've ticked off the HTML checkbox.

The app is simply inserting the template you've built into the body of their app and then sending it out.

I don't think it knows the difference.

September 7th, 2015 9:14pm

Ah my first guess was you have problems with sending HTML notification templates via Notification Subscription.

Maybe you like to try the free Send Mail for SCSM from itnetX: http://itnetx.ch/products/itnetx-send-mail-for-scsm/

Maybe this solution is able to send HTML mails.

September 8th, 2015 3:06am

Formal reply from itnetx:

Hi, HTML or Rich Text format feature is only available in the Pro version of Send Mail. In the free version you can use plain text only.

September 10th, 2015 9:37pm

Hi, HTML or Rich Text format feature is only available in the Pro version of Send Mail. In the free version you can use plain text only.

September 11th, 2015 1:34am

September 11th, 2015 1:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics