HOw to move service account which is being used as LDAP bind accounts (often in third-party software).

Hi All,

I have number of service account in my organization which is being used as LDAP bind accounts  ( More than 100) ,now we planning to segregate those account in a well defined OU structure in AD. Now it spread over 3 different OU's, I want to make it as one OU with three sub OU's for proper account administration.

Problem here is if I move those accounts to different OU's the Distinguish name of those account will change so there is a pretty good chance for application failure due to authentication failure since it is being used as LDAP bind accounts . Kindly help me how to plan here to move those service accounts to different OU's without any issues.

September 14th, 2015 6:25am

Aside from the fact of what sounds like a odd implementation (100 different LDAP bind accounts?), if you move an account and the application depends on that account having a specific DN, then, to state the obvious, you will have to update the application to use the new DN of the account.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2015 10:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics