HOw to fix No of Rows per page in SSRS

HI,

I have 400 records in my report , i want display 20 records per page , how can i do the same in ssrs.

Thanks in Advance.
December 10th, 2008 2:16pm

Create a group that contains the groups or detail records you want, add a page break to the group, and then add a group expression to group by a specified number of rows

Look under Page Breaks in Expression Examples (Reporting Services)

hope this helps

• Proposed as answer by Lavanya10 Friday, July 02, 2010 12:25 PM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 10th, 2008 2:40pm

Pavan,

As mentioned by Sivilian, you need to do this at the group level. If you do not have group, then add one but uncheck the 'Include Group Header' and 'Include Group Footer'. Also, check 'Page Break at Start'.But when ask to group by what, use:

=Ceiling(RowNumber(Nothing)/20)

This will break it every 20 rows. Good luck.

December 11th, 2008 3:11pm

I need to do 100 rows per page. I tried the technique above but I am still just getting about 16 rows per page. (I believe I followed the instructions correctly.)

I know...100 rows is a ton but the users want it (and, thus, my boss wants it). They only display the report; they do not print it.

Here is what I did...

1. Right click on the table
2. Select Properties
3. Select the Groups tab
4. Select Add...
5. Enter a group Name: "Group_for_PageBreak" (I have no other groups)
6. Enter an expression: =Ceiling(RowNumber(Nothing)/100)
7. Uncheck "Include group header" and "Include group footer"
8. Check "Page break at start"
9. Select "OK"

Re #6, I also read to try this so I did: =CInt(Ceiling(RowNumber(Nothing)/100))
Re #8, I also tried "Page break at end"

Is "Details grouping..." relevant?

Thanks.

• Proposed as answer by smile108 Monday, January 16, 2012 11:54 AM
July 15th, 2009 8:47pm

Do youknow the paper sizeare you using? (report definition)...

Remember if your detail gouping goes to end of paper, a page break is lauched... without care about expression formula...
July 15th, 2009 9:55pm

I wish I had mentioned that. I had also tried changing the page height from 8.5" to absurdly large heights such as 80" or 100". I do not see any other way to set the "paper size".
July 16th, 2009 12:03pm

Set the interactive page to 80" or 100" and see what comes out.
July 16th, 2009 12:37pm

Set the interactive page to 80" or 100" and see what comes out
July 16th, 2009 1:47pm

The method (above) to get 100 records per page works nicely. However, I am 99% sure that it is causing a problem with the interactive sorting. Certainly when I remove this method, the interactive sorting works.

Does anybody see an obvious problem with the two (i.e. the method and interactive sorting)? I am not seeing the connection -- nor a solution. (I started a separate thread on my interactive sorting issue.)

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/b6530344-4e48-438b-aace-7847226eb174
August 4th, 2009 6:18pm

Is there another method to achieve X records per page? Using a group causes a problem with the interactive sorting. This would seem to be a basic requirement. Surely SSRS can handle this.
August 5th, 2009 1:39pm

Thanks a lot, i tried a lot previously but no success your explanation is best, it  is working
Thanks 
February 4th, 2010 7:00am

Thanks
February 4th, 2010 3:49pm

Hi dglane,

Thanks for your answer. Now my requirement is " I have already applied Group, by Department for employee report", Which is controversy to your point number 5.

And number of rows per page are by default (Let us say 40).

Now i want to display 100 records per page without disturbing already existing Department group.

can you suggest me to fulfill this requirement?

January 4th, 2011 2:52pm

I postd an artcile on controling the number of rows per page in SSRS                                                                                   http://gauravsqlserver.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-fix-number-of-rows-per-page-i
March 12th, 2011 7:19pm

Hi

I have 200 records in my report how do i get 20 in the first page only in my report and 30 for the rest of pages i'm using ssrs 2005

Please any help !

August 10th, 2011 7:59pm

hi,

where i can find interactive page size?

September 27th, 2011 11:47am

Hi ,

I have specified row page break group to display 15 records per page =CEILING(RowNumber(Nothing)/15). I did the same procedure what you have written, But it displays only one record per page.please advise

Thanks in advance

January 16th, 2012 11:55am

This is a crucial part of the answer...Not just setting the expression etc...

Thanks Isham

May 16th, 2012 10:30pm

I postd an artcile on controling the number of rows per page in SSRS                                                                                   http://gauravsqlserver.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-to-fix-number-of-rows-per-page-i
April 30th, 2015 3:31pm