HELP! my D drive is Missing!
i have no idea if this is the right place to put this. i installed a PowerDVD and decided i didnt want it so i unistalled it and deleted the setup files. then next time i looked in "My Computer" theres no D Drive. i used it as my CD/DVD drive. but its gone. i have a dell inspiron 8600 with wireless if that helps? please help me! thanks in advanced!
November 20th, 2006 6:10pm

Hi although you are not written you OS version but i am assuming that you are using windows 2003 or XP any way, go to control panel => administrative tolls => computer management In computer management navigate to disk management ( Computer Management Local => Storage => Disk Management), Here u can see your Hard disk and CD ROM Listing if you found CD ROM here than right click on it and choose "change drive letter and path" , Dialog box will open click on add, and choose drive letter. Now you can access your CD Drive with this drive letter.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 21st, 2006 3:06pm

i dont see it. this is the picture of what it looks like. ----> http://i13.tinypic.com/2i0g2lc.jpg can you help?
November 27th, 2006 4:17pm

This forum is for general questions related to Windows Server "Longhorn". Sounds like uninstalling the software might have uninstalled the driver for the DVD drive. Open Device Manager and see if you can see thedevice under "DVD/CD-ROM drives". If it's there but there is an exclamation mark (!), then you might need to reinstall the driver. Try right-clicking the device and choosing "Update Driver Software". If the device does not show in Device Manager, right-click the computer and choose "Scan for hardware changes". If plug-and-play doesn't find it, then you might need to go to the web site of the DVD-ROM manufacturer and download a driver manually.
November 28th, 2006 4:45am

First things first... 1: If you haven't done anything drastic then complete a system restore and use add/remove for the Power or MyDVD program. 2: If you have the disk's that came with your system then insert your "resource cd" and or "drivers and utilities" cd and reinstall the dvd/-rw drivers. 3: If you have gone so far as to be thinking of picking up the phone and calling "DELL" then simply back up your data and complete a "PC RESTORE" by removing all the media from any drives and restarting the system. Once power is back on the system press and hold the "ctrl" key and tapping the "F11" key every 2 seconds until you get the "PC Restore by Samantec" or the "PC Restore by Dell" screen. Follow the prompts through until restoration is complete. **** Warning*** Doing a PC Restore will bring your system back to an imaged copy of the factory default, ALL DATA will be lost and you will have to go through any tweaking you may have done to the system since purchase once again. " Let Windows manage your Wi-Fi connection, conflict is the basis for your wireless headache" Nightend
December 8th, 2006 3:44pm

Thanks for ur help!!! It works
July 16th, 2010 5:32pm

thanks man it really helps me alot i owe you 1 my friend..
October 13th, 2010 4:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics