HBA Monitoring
Firstly i want to point out i am in no way an expert on Windows, i am a Unix Admin but need some help with a windows issue please. So if this is a daft question i am sorry. I need to somehow establish on some of our SAN attached windows servers where the backup traffic is going. So i need to somehow monitor the HBA's and the Ethernet connections. These servers (which belong to a client) do not have any monitoring solution on. I have looked at perfmon and seen i can use that to look at the network interfaces and so can use that to gather stats on things like the bytes sent/sec but i am really struggling to find anything that will do a similar excersie on the HBA's. Is there anything that is native to windows server 2003 that will allow me to monitor HBA interfaces and the traffic in/out? Any assistance would be great.
June 3rd, 2010 6:42pm

hi Andy, Unfortunately there are no counters to monitor HBA . Follow the link http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowsserver2008r2virtualization/thread/59978521-7889-4457-980b-71b10c397d0e if you are liking to code , there are api's and wmi calls to make use of .
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2010 11:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics