Grouping the result of content search web part

Hi,

Does anyone know how to provide grouping or to group search results generated out of the content search web part?

Thanks & Regards,

January 22nd, 2013 9:16pm

Hi

You should change query for search results

search results are displayed in the web part and that have settings

So just click on edit page and open web part properties, there you can find "Change query" builder.

Start query builder and adjust grouping.

For more info check:

Configure Search Web Parts in SharePoint Server 2013 

Create query rules for web content management in SharePoint Server 2013

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 22nd, 2013 10:15pm

Thanks Armen for the reply! I have an idea that grouping is working with Result search web part. In my environment I am facing an issue with the result search web part while showing metadata values and I have posted a question for that as well. I am using content search web part till the time that issue is resolved. I need to find a way to show grouping in content search web part. Please let me know if you have any solution.
January 23rd, 2013 1:57am

Hi Armen,

I tried using this Group By functionality in the Query Builder, however it doesn't do anything to the results other than filter them - the results are not grouped at all. Can you provide any insight?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2013 11:51pm

I have the same issue. Have a content search web part with a couple of managed properties, i want to be able to group by one of them (city) so the city isn't listed multiple times. List the city once, then each item from that city grouped together.

In the query i added a group by on one of the managed properties and it will filter the results depending on the number i select in the "show these results" drop down, but it doesn't actually group the items together or anything. 

July 9th, 2013 3:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics