Group Policy isnt applying to all members of an OU

Ok so I am working in a server 2012R2 RDS/terminal services environment where we have 3 RDS servers.

Basically we have created different policies in our different OU's in order to control who can see what within the server.

We've limited the control panel using group policy so that our uses can only see the devices and printers section.

The weird issue that we are having in several OU's is that the majority of our users are able to see printers in the control panel as expected - but some users are seeing a message that says this has been restricted (please contact admin etc).

All of our users in each OU have the same rights as far as permissions and are members of the same security groups.

We are using WMI filtering etc and I have checked inheritance - RSOP shows that the policies are being applied to the ones who are receiving the message.

Same issue on all 3 servers for the users who have the fault.

Any ideas?

September 3rd, 2015 2:08pm

Can it be a bad profile with old stall settings in it. Did you tested by resetting the profile on all 3 RDS server,and log again ?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2015 8:58pm

Hi Gareth,

Thank for your post.

Does the error happen only to the three RDS sever?

Could you please create a new OU for the three Terminal Services server, then create a Group Policy object for the OU.

If the issue persists, please help me collect if there's the error logs in Event Viewer.

Here is the article about How to apply Group Policy objects to Terminal Services servers

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/260370

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

September 4th, 2015 2:33am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics