Group Policy Implementation issue

Hi team,

I have windows server 2012 r2 as server and windows 7 and windows 8.1 as client machine. I am testing software blocking group policy on client machines through group policy object. e.g. I am trying to block all software excluding Google Chrome(created hash rule), when I push the command through gpupdate /force, on windows 7 machine it works i.e. Google Chrome executes and other software get blocked. But in Windows 8.1 the policy is not getting properly executed. I mean software policy gets pushed but after creating hash rule also it dose not allow Google Chrome to execute. It says Google Chrome is blocked by security policy. Ideally it should work because I have added it in hash rule exception.

Is there any help for me??

Thanks in advance.

Navinya Ambre.

July 22nd, 2015 5:51pm

> software excluding Google Chrome(created hash rule), when I push the   > Chrome to execute. It says Google Chrome is blocked by security policy. > Ideally it should work because I have added it in hash rule exception.   Same Chrome version and same hash on both OS versions?  
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 23rd, 2015 5:20am

Hi,

You could try to logoff  after applying policy and logon again to check result .

In the command prompt, you could  type gpresult/h report.html to check your applied policy in the window 8.1, I will appreciate it if you tell me the report.

Besides, if the software in your clients is upgraded frequently, hash rules can become difficult to manage. Whenever a program executable is updated, the hash rule needs to be updated to support the new executable version.

Hope it can help you.

Best regards

July 23rd, 2015 9:52pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics