Group Policy Delay
Hello Guys,

Im facing a problem with Windows Group Policy Processing Time / Delay.
Just to explain more, I have a Group Policy with many configurations to apply, including Folder Redirection, Network Drive Mapping and some Citrix components.

When a user Log into a machine, all configuration are applied but just one not, The SSON in the Citrix Store to load the published application.
But if I run a GPUPDate /Force, logoff and login again, the policy is processed succesfully and my shortcuts are created.

Do you have any idea what I can do?

Thank you.

Regards,

Daniel
September 9th, 2015 5:36pm

Hi Daniel Felipe,

Thanks for your post.

For group policy delay, you could refer to the article blow. It list what we can do that cause large impact to logon speed and group policy processing.

Group Policy and Logon Impact

http://blogs.technet.com/b/grouppolicy/archive/2013/05/23/group-policy-and-logon-impact.aspx

Here is the action we need to consider.

Avoid synchronous CSEs and dont force synchronous policy, or if CSE usage is necessary, minimize changes to these policies.
Avoid costly WMI filters such as LDAP queries.
Look for costly scripts by running them in isolation, and work to improve the scripts performance or avoid these scripts.

If you need to use security group filters. Please also check the article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2561285

And in your scenairo,  you apply the group policy on SSON in the Citrix Store to load the published application. Do you use Group Policy Software Installation Extension or the policy you add from Citrix? Since I'm not familiar with Citrix, it may be also relate to the setting of Citrix. In addition, I suggest you could post in Citrix Forum.

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 12:53am

Hi Mary,

For the Citrix policies, I just added a template into the GPMC and apply the configurations.

I tried to separate the users and computer configurations but still not applying.

The most stranger is all others configurations are applied, just the Single Sign On and the desktop image is not applied.

As I said, the desktop wallpaper I cannot see, but when I open the Start Menu, I can see in the Desktop Title.

And the single sign on works after the gpupdate /force.

Any other idea?

Or how can I check some logs?

THanks.

September 13th, 2015 1:33pm

Also, I dont have any WMI or LDAP filters. I just enabled the loopback processing.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 13th, 2015 1:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics