Group Policies Administrative Templates
Hi, I'm doing a lab of the MCITP server admin 2008. I'm going through group policies. On my DC I have set some policies and all worked well, until I went back to edit a policy and in the "admin templates under user config " instead of diplaying the control panel, display etc, it show All settings only and when double click the all settings it tells me that there are no settings. When I go into the local policy all works fine Would appreciate your help Thanks Regards mica777
April 14th, 2011 3:35pm

Hi, It seems you have enabled Filter. Please follow the steps below to check it: 1. Open the GPO and right click on Administrative Templates. 2. Uncheck "Filter On" Hope this helps. Regards, Bruce This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 14th, 2011 11:04pm

thanks for your post but i already did that and it wasn t enabled. one thing i didn't include in the previous post is , that i did a policy to prevent users from accessing the registry, can that be the problem? although i deleted all the policies i did, but still cant access the administrative templates thanksRegards mica777
April 15th, 2011 1:20pm

Sorry for my delay. Here is a similar thread which might be helpful for you: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverGP/thread/cc607182-e260-46d6-afe6-8ad5674da856/ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 21st, 2011 3:12am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics