Green light? Implement Project CI (auto-create required user roles, views...) and bind new Incident WI to it (dynamic lists)

I would like to use SCSM for something more sophisticated beside OOB functionality for user. I am thinking of implementing project oriented incident management and here is my sketch of what I have to implement:

Pre-Configuration:

• SLA (3 sets) calendar,  metrics and SLO settings

Configuration Item: Project

• set project  members (manager, technical leads, devs, support, ) by using single user picker  or gridListView and user picker for multiple users
    • automatically create (if necessary) and populate user roles based on CI property binding (single or multiple users)
    • automatically create: views, queues (performance, but I require SLAs and it is easier to manage views), notifications
  • set SLO from a list of SLO instances

Work Item: Incident

• set project
    • dynamic content for form people picker properties like "Affected User", "Primary Owner" and "Assigned to"
    • automatically apply SLO set for project

My question(s): is that feasible? Are there parts of my plan that just won't do? Maybe ideas or experiences on how to do it better. I just would not like to start something going in wrong direction if I can get good advice from somebody who went through that and is now blessed with experience. Big thanks!

I humbly admit that I have only limited experience with SCSM customization (I do read and experiment with things though:), but have guys around which are fluent in WPF.

Best regards,

Blaz

February 18th, 2015 2:25pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics