Granting permissions to analysis services SQL Server 2014 with windows authentication

I am trying to deploy my first cube in SSAS but the deployment fails because a connection isn't established. The problem is related to giving privileges to SSAS from windows. It seems I have to create or change privileges to something called Local Windows Security Group that is associated with the SSAS.  The solution in the past (past versions) used to be : Right-click on data source in solution explorer and Select "View Designer", then go to "Impersonation info" tab and select Default option. I tried all options on that tab and non worked.

The exact error message is: Error 13 Parser: The syntax for the ImpersonationInfo object is incorrect. If the ImpersonateAccount value is used for ImpersonationInfo, then the Account property cannot be empty. 0 0

I found a document on the internet that describes how to do it, but I am not a security expert and was not able to follow https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175371(v=sql.120).aspx Within the above document it says: The permission holder in Analysis Services is not the logon account, but a local Windows security group created by Setup that contains the per-service SID. Assigning permissions to the security group is consistent with previous versions of Analysis Services.

Anyone can explain how to connect to SSAS when you're on a local machine with windows authentication in simple English would be greatly appreciated.

September 7th, 2015 2:36pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics