Godaddy.com did not appear on the provider's list
I registered a domain name (smbiz.ca) with Godaddy.com. During the server initial setup process; from the "Internet Address Management Wizard", I selected the "I want the server to manage the domain name for me" option, then click next, I then typed in the domain name and selected the "ca" from the extension drop-down list, then click next, the provider list only showed Register.com and did not show Godaddy.com. Why doesnt Godaddy.com show on the provider's list? How can I let the server manage the domain name for me since the Godaddy.com is not on Providers list?
September 30th, 2009 6:51am

Hi Patrickck, Based on the information , i have couple of questions what is the server operating system make , is this SBS server ?, I believe you need to register in advance option as follows eg: Use the Advanced settings option to designate a prefix to use with your domain name, for example; remote.contoso.comAdditional Research If you currently use a provider that is available to select in the list that appears later in the wizard, you should continue to use that provider to ensure that your domain name is available on the Internet as quickly as possible. If the wizard does not list your current domain name provider, select another provider to whom you want to transfer your domain name. By doing this, the server can manage your existing domain name.hope this helpssainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 30th, 2009 12:25pm

Yes, the operating systems isWindows Small Business Server2008.
September 30th, 2009 5:05pm

hi Patrick, As your issue is realted to SBS server, I would recommend you to post your query under appropriate sbs group . Regarding the Windows Small Business Server issue, please post to the Windows Small Business Server discussion group. The support professionals there are better equipped to assist you. For your convenience, I’ve included the link of Windows Small Business Server discussion group: Discussions in Windows Small Business Server Generalhttp://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs SBS08 Public Newsgroupshttps://connect.microsoft.com/cougar/content/content.aspx?ContentID=8333Also please do go through the Additional Research part.sainath !analyze
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 2nd, 2009 4:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics