Getting warning 1910 during uninstallation of my program on Windows 7 and Windows 2008 server.
Hi, On Windows 7 and windows 2008 server, I am getting warning during uninstalling my setup.exe made from Installshield 2008. Its a MSI type project. The uninstallation process almost completes and then I get a message saying this: "Warning 1910. Could not remove shortcut [program]. Verify that the shortcut file exists and that you can access it." This message is returned as a warning, and the uninstallation continues and completes, I get finish dialog. I found that Shortcut still remains in startmenu. I need to delete it manually. Please help how to fix it. I tried to unregister and reregister windows installer from run by following commands: ClickStart, click Run, typeMSIEXEC /UNREGISTER ClickStart, click Run, typeMSIEXEC /REGSERVER, Still I faced same warning. After few hours, again I checked uninstallation on same server and did not get that warning again. But I guess this is not permanent fix. What else do I need to do to fix this problem so that it never come again on any 2008 server. ?? My installer is created from Installshield 2008. Would it be ok to upgrade installshield version from 2008 to 2010 to avoid this warning. Please help. Regards, Renu
July 30th, 2010 9:09am

Hi, According to the description, it seems that the issue is related to Installshield 2008, it is recommend that you contact the vendor of the application to perform the further research. Thanks for your understanding. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 30th, 2010 11:31am

Hi, After enabling validation from Tools option in Installshield, If I make build, then I can see ICE43 error and ICE57 error. I think after resolving both these errors, above issue can be resolved. Any suggestions? Please share. Thanks and Regards, Renu
July 30th, 2010 2:01pm

Hi, It is recommend that you contact the vendor of the application to perform the further research. Thanks for your understanding. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 3rd, 2010 12:06pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics