Getting respective date of a maximum total

Hi,

My report looks like this :

In that above report maximum Total quantity is 125929 and its respective date is 7/1/2013.

So How can i insert a row(Top or bottom) that gives respective date of maximum quantity? 

September 5th, 2015 8:41am

Hi Abhiram,

Insert a row outside group below the tablix, then use the following SSRS expressions to display the max quantity and its date:

Display the maximum quantity from all the values:

=Max(Fields!Total Quantity.Value)

Display the date which has maximum quantity:

="Max Date:" + IIf(Fields!Total Quantity.Value = MAX(Fields!Total Quantity.Value), Fields!TSDate.Value, 0)

I created a sample but different data, see the below screenshot for your reference:

Let me know if this helps you!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 5th, 2015 10:25am

Hi Abhiram542,

According to your description, you want to get respective date of a maximum total based on parameter values, right?

In your scenario, you can use the expression mentioned by Maruthachalam. However, since the report contains parameter filter, the respective date of maximum values is dynamic based on different parameter values. To get correct respective date of maximum values, please add a sort based on [Total Quantity] fields. Please refer to screenshots below:

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

September 6th, 2015 11:54pm

I used a matrix like this :

and above expression not working...., it just displaying the first TSDate.

September 7th, 2015 12:41am

Hi Abhiram,

Can you post the design of your report ?? And please state the error you are getting . 

September 7th, 2015 12:43am

This is my design :

I'm not getting any Error. As i said i want to display the respective date of maximum total quantity of milk. If i use above expression it just displaying the first date.

September 7th, 2015 12:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics