Getting SQL Azure connection failures for up to 2-4 minutes at a time

Hi,

I have an S2 SQL Azure Database that I'm using in conjunction with Azure Web apps (using EF6). Most of the time the connection is fine, however recently (the past week) I've been getting intermittent periods of connection failure that last usually between 2 and 4 minutes at a time. I understand that I should use SqlAzureExecutionStrategy in order to help with connection issues, so I have the following set:

public class RHDbConfiguration : DbConfiguration
	{
		public RHDbConfiguration ()
		{
			SetExecutionStrategy
				(
					"System.Data.SqlClient",
					() => new SqlAzureExecutionStrategy (2, TimeSpan.FromSeconds (12)));
		}
	}

However, seeing as how these connection issues are between 2-4 minutes in length, it seems that barring an extremely long retry period, I will always be having problems. Is this normal?

The exceptions I get are:

SqlException: Database 'DB_NAME_HERE' on server 'SERVER_NAME_HERE' is not currently available. Please retry the connection later. If the problem persists, contact customer support, and provide them the session tracing ID of '{2F7E0E11-6A04-4852-B57B-70F91E8CA19F}'.

Thanks,

Tommy

September 4th, 2015 8:54pm

Hi Tommy,

Are you still experiencing these connection issues?

Do you mind sending me your database name and server name so I can investigate further? My email is andrela at microsoft.com

Thanks,

Andrea

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 6:55pm

Hi Tommy,

Do you mind sending me your database name and server name so I can investigate further? My email is andrela at microsoft.com

Thanks,

Andrea

September 10th, 2015 6:55pm

Hi Tommy,

Thanks,

Andrea

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 10:53pm

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the response, I just sent you an email with the database/server name details.

Thanks,

Tommy

September 10th, 2015 10:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics