Getting Output filename and extension same as the incoming filename and extension

I need to create a SFTP send port where I should get the output file name and extension same as that of the incoming filename

I had set the filename in the send port as "%SourceFileName%" but this did not work.

I have also assigned the input filename (without extension) in a variable in orchestartion. Is there any way i could get the output filename and extension same as that of the incoming message?

Any help would be much appreciated

• Edited by ReKi111 5 hours 7 minutes ago
February 11th, 2015 12:14pm

Hi,

The %SourceFileName% macro maps to the context property BTS.ReceiveFileName that travels with your message in the context. So in order for this macro to work in a send port the message that is going out needs to have this BTS.ReceiveFileName property on the context. You probably creating a new message in your orchestration and sending that out. The new message does not have the property on its context which makes it fail. Use a message assignment shape in your orchestration to set the context property for the message going out:

MyMessage(BTS.ReceiveFileName) = OrigMessage(BTS.ReceiveFileName);

Then %SourceFileName% macro will work at send port.

Rachit

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 11th, 2015 12:38pm

Few things:

1. You can only get the original file name from the File Adapter or FTP Adapter.
  2. They will populate the FILE.ReceivedFileName property with the full path so you will have to extract just the file name.
  3. You have to preserve this value through the entire process, including all in between Orchestrations.
  4. On the final outbound message, you have re-set, does not have to be Promoted, FILE.ReceivedFileName again to make it available through the %SourceFileName% macro.
MyOutgoingMessage(FILE.ReceivedFileName) = MyOriginalFilenameVariable;
Note: The property name is FILE.ReceivedFileName.

February 11th, 2015 1:12pm

In addition to what others have said here, in your Orchestration in Message assignment shape (while constructing the outbound message) use the following code directly.

msgOut(FILE.ReceivedFileName) = System.IO.Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(msgIn(FILE.ReceivedFileName));

February 11th, 2015 1:29pm

Hi Reki,

By Default file Adapter will not promote the ReceivedFile Name property(It will be added to context only).

Promote ReceivedFile Name property in your receive pipleline then user %SourceFileName% macro in send pipeline .

It will give you the result.

Thanks &Regards,

Ammu.

February 11th, 2015 3:09pm

Promote ReceivedFile Name property in your receive pipleline then user %SourceFileName% macro in send pipeline .

For clarity, FILE.ReceivedFileName does not have to be Promoted to be used with the %SourceFileName% macro.  It simply must exist on the Context.
February 11th, 2015 4:09pm

the adapter used at send port is SFTP. I have got the filename using FILE.ReceivedFileName, how do i proceed further?

February 12th, 2015 1:35am

the adapter used at send port is SFTP. I have got the filename using FILE.ReceivedFileName, how do i proceed further?

February 12th, 2015 1:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics