Get-hotfix / wmic qfe commands do not give Microsoft related application patches.

Hi All,

We need to Run an audit on all our servers to see if a specific application related patch is installed on the servers or not.

I used Get-hotfix & wmic qfe these give the output, But only list the Windows patches like in the below screenshot.

But it does not list the installed Microsoft application Patches like in the below screenshot.

Is there any way from powershell we can query these KB Numbers as well ?

March 23rd, 2015 6:21am

Hello Gautam,

Get-HotFix -id KBXXXXXX

You could try the above to find with KB

Regards,

V

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 23rd, 2015 6:40am

Nope that does not work. I have tried that as well.
March 23rd, 2015 6:51am

Look at the below it does not work.

March 23rd, 2015 6:58am

Hi Guys,

Any update on this issue ? Are there any possibilities to fetch the application related patches via powershell or command prompt ? Or is there any other way other than powershell or command prompt to achieve this ?

March 29th, 2015 12:37pm

Have you read this? http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2011/08/22/use-powershell-to-easily-find-information-about-hotfixes.aspx
March 29th, 2015 12:52pm

Have you read this? http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2011/08/22/use-powershell-to-easily-find-information-about-hotfixes.aspx
March 29th, 2015 4:50pm

Hi There,

I had already refereed that but dint work.

March 29th, 2015 11:17pm

Hi There,

I had already refereed that but dint

March 30th, 2015 4:32am

You don't get any output from this?

gwmi -cl win32_reliabilityRecords -filter "sourcename = 'Microsoft-Windows-WindowsUpdateClient'" |
    where { $_.message -match 'KB947789' -OR $_.productname -Match 'KB947789'} |
    FT productname, message -autosize wrap

March 30th, 2015 5:13am

Hi Jrv,

Thank you. I am looking for Rollup updates and Product upgrades which are having a KB Number.

As you have mentioned even i don't think it is possible to pull Product upgrades and rollups.

March 30th, 2015 8:12am

Hi Jrv,

Thank you. I am looking for Rollup updates and Product upgrades which are having a KB Number.

As you have mentioned even i don't think it is possible to pull Product upgrades and rollups.

March 30th, 2015 8:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics