German or not German tis is here the question
Hello to everyone, I have a question in general worth to be discussed from our sight. We are in about to change our whole softwaredistribution system to install workstations and server from one system, so we have a chance to startanew. All Workstations, Desktops and Laptops will be installed with a native german OS for getting a higher acceptance from all people. Unfortunately Windows XP will be installed, so MUI packs are no alternative. I have worked with those in Windows 2000 giving me more trouble than help and on the other hand we are not licenced for the Enterprise versions. Where we go into discussion is the servers. Should we choose native german servers or native english servers. Due to ancient software we will have some years from now still having to support Server 2003R2. We know that there are MUI packs, but my colleagues don't accept that as long as the filesystem is english they are not able to support that system... the language has to be native german. My question is if one of you know, if Software like MS Exchange (2003 und upwards) is fully supported on native german servers. When you ask people coming form NT4 worlds the rumours always say that english servers are more stable than others and that software is only fully supported with english servers. Also updates and patches are only provided in english. I think this has fully changed with Server 2003, am I right? We will have to struggle with many software providers neither we choose german or english so this is not the point, only the . The least number of software providers support their products on german and or english servers. If MS Exchange is fully supported and patches are applied the same time for all multilanguage versions resp. native speaking versions, there are no arguments in installing english speaking servers, german will be the choice then. If MS Exchange is not supported or patches will be delayed or whatever on german servers, we will have to install english servers. Can anyone help me in that discussion?
December 1st, 2010 4:54am

I always choose English OS and Office versions. From my experience, this is the best choice.MCITP: Enterprise Administrator; MCT; Microsoft Security Trusted Advisor
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 2nd, 2010 2:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics