Generating A SSRS Calculated Field Using One Dataset With Two Tablix Elements?

Help Request Please .

Background:

In SSRS Report Builder, I have One Data Set, 2 tablixs and I want to use a field in Tablix 1 minus another in Tablix 2 to make a total calculated field in a separate field back in Tablix 1.

I want to add a Trend column in Tablix 1 to calculated trends periods over periods

I MUST use one Dataset in this report with multiple tablix elements with each filtered by period date range so that I can save on query performance time.

Need:

I am trying to get a trend in time period comparisons. Each Tablix uses the same Dataset that is filtered by period date ranges ie: Current Week is Tablix One & Previous Week is Tablix 2.

To Populate the Field Expression in Tablix1 for use an Indicator Gage Trend Column I need:          =Tablix1TextBox.Value Tablix2TextBox.Value

Effort & Error:

I have tried     =ReportItems!Textbox1.Value + Fields!MyColumn1.Value recommended by MSDN/TechNet:  HERE:  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd255285.aspx

.. but I get an error:

Report item expressions can only refer to other report items within the same grouping scope or a containing grouping scope.
Letters in the names of report items must use the correct case.

I then tried nesting the two tablixs inside a List/Rectangle and got the same error as above.

s  Does anyone know of any workaround this?

Thank You!

J

June 19th, 2015 12:28pm

Hi Tone' Shelby,

According to your description, you create a dataset and two tablixes in your report. Each tablix is filtered by different data range, then you want to calculate those two textboxes values within the tablix1, right?

In Reporting Services, the scope for a reference to the ReportItems collection is the current scope or any point higher than the current scope. In your scenario, since two textboxes reside in different tablixes, its not supported to calculated those values with ReportItems collection. If you want to calculate those values and display in the tablix1, you could calculate those values on query level. The query should like below:

If you have any question, please feel free to ask. 

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2015 12:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics